A successful Cards transaction can be refunded from your own Xendit Dashboard when your end customer requested for it. Here are the simple steps you can follow:
- Log in to Xendit Dashboard > Cards Tab > Transaction Tab
- In Transaction Tab, select and open a successfully charged transaction that you want to refund. On the Charge Details page, click the top right "Refund" button.
- In the "Refund Charge" dialog box, the Refundable Amount is displayed. You can choose to do a full refund or a partial refund. Simply insert the amount that needs to be refunded.
- Click Submit and input your PIN.
- Once successful, the refund request will be sent to the bank and it will take approximately 7 - 14 days (depends on the issuer) for the bank to credit back to the customer's balance
- In this stage, if the refund request is successful, you can refer the customer to ask their bank to check for the refund status). We will adjust the Xendit fees accordingly.
Download the refund receipt inside the refund detail page if you need to share it to customers as a proof.
For Cards Refund request through API, please refer to the documentation here.