Here are some simple steps you can take to get started with accepting card payments using Xendit. We will go deeper into technical integration methods later (or, if you are already set up with us, you can skip directly to that).
- Register with us and create a Xendit Dashboard account. You can refer to our registration page for more information
- If you are a first-time user of Xendit, click on "Continue your activation" on the upside bar to start activating your account
- Go through the activation process - this will take around 10 minutes for you to provide us with details about your business and legal documentation requirements. You can refer to our activation & document requirements page for more information
- Our related team will conduct KYC (Know Your Client) checks or verification processes to decide whether your account is able to onboard with Xendit. This stage will also verify whether your account can get Cards instantly
- After you have submitted your activation application and passed KYC, a Sales Representative will get in touch to sort out some paperwork (service agreements are necessary for online payments in Indonesia).
- Upon execution of the agreement, you can go live with us and start accepting real money through online payments!
- If you don't have an existing Merchant ID*, there are no further steps needed to activate your card. You can accept online card payments with Xendit instantly if the channel has been activated during KYC (see point 3 below for detail). If you want to test transactions using API, check out this section on how to set up Postman for testing with Xendit.
If you have your own MID* with an acquiring bank, let us know whether you want to use that MID for online card payments. In this case, you will be charged the percentage fee MDR** by your acquiring bank directly, and Xendit will only charge a fixed processing fee for every transaction.
*MID (Merchant ID) for short, is an identification number provided by an acquiring bank to their merchant to accept card payments
**Merchant Discount Rate (MDR)
- You need to make sure that you have a Xendit account with Business Entity Type.
- If you are eligible to activate card payment, you can find the card has been instantly activated (as pictured below) on your dashboard on the Payment method tab > Cards.
- But, if you have registered as Business Entity but find your card payment is disabled (as picture below), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to help you further on it.
- Additional documents/information might be required for the Cards Activation depending on the verification result from our related team & partner