Before you create a payout link, there are some rules you need to understand:
- Once you created a payout links, you can’t change any details of the payout. Should you wish to cancel the payout link, you can do so by clicking “Void” on the said payout link page from Xendit Dashboard or hitting our Void Payout API.
- Payout link limit is 3 days. If there is no claim within 3 days after the payout creation, the payout links will be expired.
- Your payout links will be marked as failed if there are 3 wrong secret password inputs at the point of payout claim.
To simulate payout in Test Mode, we suggest you to follow the steps:
1. Create Payout Links
You can create payout links via Xendit Dashboard or API depending on what might suit your business needs. Below is the overview you may want to consider when choosing between the two options:
|Payout Links Creation Platform
|Doesn't require technical integration - Create payout links anywhere and anytime as long as you have access to Xendit dashboard - Step-by-step payout link creation is easy to understand
|Payout links creation is done manually (can't be automated)
|Payout link creation is automated via API - Create payout links within seconds - User Interface can be customized based on your business needs
|Requires developer resources for technical integration
2. After creating payout links, you can follow these steps to initiate payout links:
After the recipient receives the payout link via email, they need to fill in their bank details and complete a verification to trigger disbursement initiation. Below are the information that the recipient needs to fill in:
|What To Fill
|The bank name of the recipient’s bank account. Recipient may choose from 140+ banks and e-wallets providers. See the list of supported banks and e-wallets here
|Recipient’s bank account number
|The secret password that was sent in the payout links to the recipient’s email
3. When your customer has submitted their account detail and verified payout using secret key, a payout link will be initiated. Your customer can track the payout link progress in the payout link UI.
- Once payout link is completed, Xendit will send receipt notification to your customer’s email
- When payout link is failed, you have to recreate the new payout link for your customer and inform them to try again. Payout link can fail due to insufficient balance on your xendit account or destination account is invalid. See failures in payout / disbursements execution for further details
4. Your customer can also monitor the payout links from their bank account or e-wallet by using Xendit identifier to find the transaction. See Disbursements / Payout Tracking and Notifications for more detail.
For more details of the simulation, please kindly refer to this docs