ShopeePay refund has a different flow and limitations by our partner itself, please kindly check the explanation on why your ShopeePay refund usually failed.
This is isolated to ShopeePay only, where: the refund fund need to be from another ShopeePay transaction with the same checkout method as the transaction you wish to refund, instead of using your Xendit balance on the day of the refund.
It does not depend on the "settlement date", it only depends on an incoming ShopeePay transaction on the day of your refund, let us help to reiterate by creating a scenario:
- You receive a ShopeePay transaction from User A for 50,000 IDR via tokenization on 1 September.
- User A request a refund on 3 September, however you do not have a ShopeePay tokenization transaction from other users on 3 September for 50,000 IDR hence the refund is expected to be failed on that day.
- Let's say on 6 September you receive a ShopeePay tokenization transaction from User D for 150,000 IDR, then you can make the refund to user A for 50,000 IDR on 6 September.
This also applies if you wish to refund a one time payment transaction, as for one time payment checkout, there are 2 methods, and the refund fund need to be from the same method:
- Through deeplink: user click the deeplink and redirected to Shopee app
- Through qr string: scanning the qr returned by ShopeePay one time payment charge, and user scanning it through their Shopee App
Please note from scenario above, it will reset each day let's say:
- Day 1 there is 500,000 IDR incoming using ShopeePay transaction
- afterwards by 11:59 PM of Day 1 "your ShopeePay balance via Xendit" will be reset to 0 again
- Hence, on Day 2 at 1 AM when you are trying to refund a ShopeePay transaction it will be failed since on Day 2 there is no ShopeePay transaction to cover it and/or enough fund.
Should you have checked on the above and confirm you have followed the requirements but refund still failed/pending, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.