Enabling 3DS Authentication is important to protect your business from fraud and also decrease the success rate for Cards that is not enrolled to 3DS.
However, as we also understand 3DS is needed according to your business needs, Xendit provide an option for merchants to set 3DS authentication as optional, meaning that when this feature is ENABLED:
- For Checkout UI merchants, there will be no 3DS authentication performed
- For API merchants, you are able to choose whether to perform 3DS or skip it according to your implementation
There are several steps you can take to enable your 3DS Authentication for Cards Transaction which explained below:
Go to your settings page. You can refer to Configuration > Payment Methods > Cards > Click “Settings” button or click here.
Request 3DS Optional for your business. Hover to “Card Settings” tab and click “Request Optional 3DS” button.
Waiting from Xendit to approve your request. Once the request is sent, it will take approximately 3 working days in order to complete this step.
Xendit will send email for approval / rejection. After that, you will get the email notification about your request status.
- Approved Response Example
- Rejected Response Example
Once we approve your request, you will see that your 3DS optional is already enabled.
- If you want to disable it, you can simply click on the “Enabled” button and it will disable the 3DS optional (3DS authentication will be performed for every transaction).
NOTE: This flow is only applicable for Indonesia Merchants. For Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam merchants, please submit your 3DS optional request manually through our CS here.
Please refer to the document here for more information regarding how to enable 3DS Authentication for Card Transaction.