- There are times when your customer (cardholder) request for refund from their card transaction.
- In Xendit, refund process for customer is arranged between the cardholder and you as a merchant directly.
- Refund usually happen due to cardholder being unhappy with a product, or a 30-days return and refund policy by the merchant.
Hence, here is what you can do yo process refund that could be done directly from your dashboard:
- First, select and open a successfully charged transaction that you want to refund. On the Details page, click the top right "Refund" button.
- Second, in the "Refund Charge" dialog box, the Refundable Amount is displayed. You can choose to do a full refund or a partial refund. Simply insert the amount that needs to be refunded.
- Third, click Submit, and you’ll be prompted to input PIN.
- Once successful, the refund request will be sent to the bank and it will take approximately 7 - 14 days (depends on the issuer) for the bank to credit back to the customer's balance
- Please note that if the refund request is successful, you can refer the customer to ask their bank to check for the refund status
- Last, download the refund receipt inside the refund detail page if you need to share it to your customers as a proof.
Note on transaction fees of a refund:
- For full refund, the transaction fees will be fully refunded as well. (VAT will not be refunded, if the refund is requested in a different month from the transaction date).
- For partial refund, the refunded transaction fees will be in accordance with the refund amount.
Please kindly refer to the documentation here for more detail information regarding Card Refund process on Xendit.